Thursday, August 29, 2013

Joy in the Salvation Army

I have been a Salvationist all of my life. What a joy it is to serve in a denomination whose focus is on the propagation of the Gospel and the elimination of human need. When I was a child, the Army and it's Officers and Soldiers were there to provide sound biblical teaching and mirror the life of Christ in their own. As a teenager I was always thrilled to play with the Army band, attend Torchbearers and Crusaders along with being a Corps Cadet. Participating in the Divisional Youth Events and the Territorial Congress each year provided much needed fellowship with like minded youth. Now that I am well into my adult years, it has been my privilege to be an Officer and, subsequently a soldier and to encourage my family to do the same. Yes, indeed, joy has been a big part of this life long journey and it remains so. All my life I have been 'beating the Army Drum', so to speak. I'll continue doing that. Share with us some of your favorite Army experiences here on our blog. Others will be encouraged!Submissions should be sent to: lawsgaryla@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment